Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Broccoli, Corn, Ham and Cheese Pockets-MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

IMG_9489

Seems I don't have much to say recently ~ a far cry from my early blogging days when I'd tend to go on for hours. I guess I just go through phases, some where I feel like I have something to say and others, not so much. 

Plus...I get tired of talking! I have a two and a four year old...most of my day is filled with talking...usually answering the question, "Why?"  It's amazing how much you know in your 30's...or how good you can get at making stuff up!

The rest of the time I'm issuing commands like, "No!" "Stop!" and/or "Don't even think about it!"

Anyway, I'm spending more time taking pictures of the food ~ something I enjoy almost as much as the cooking ~ and an obsession I know many of you share. (If there's a support group my husband would love to know where to sign me up...)

So at the risk of boring you all (who's still reading???) what follows is another post meant more for inspiration than an actual recipe ~ it's a series of photos that depicts one of the only ways I can get vegetables into my children.

The great thing is ~ adults love them too!  (Turns out I had more to say than I thought...)

IMG_9350

Diced ham and fresh broccoli...

IMG_9359

Broccoli and corn sauteed up in a cast iron skillet until soft. Then I pulse the vegetables in a food processor...

IMG_9378

Whole wheat store bought pizza dough ($0.99) (I need to start making my own...)

IMG_9391

Roll out the dough, cut into rounds about 3.5 inches in diameter. Top with vegetable puree, ham and some of their favorite cheese...

IMG_9436

Fold over to close, pinching edges to secure...

Bake in a 425 degree oven for 9 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving....

IMG_9461

So, you know what's in there...and I know what's in there...

IMG_9483

They just think they taste good and are super fun to eat!

{MISSION ACCOMPLISHED}

IMG_9526

15 comments:

Clint said...

Hey, I read the whole thing and enjoyed doing so. Those little thingies you made look very good. Of course, you don't have to disguise veggies for me to eat them, but presentation can sometimes be everything. Enjoy!

Erin said...

Great app idea! Love the pics!

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

These have everything inthem my family will love thanks for sharing great idea's for fillings!

Unknown said...

I'm still reading!! I've been sort of feeling the same way when I write my posts...but my problem is more that I sit down to write and I can't THINK of anything to say!!
I love these pockets...the look delicious!!

Nuts about food said...

Yes, we truly do live parallel lives on different ends of the ocean. The kids, the constant threats and answers to "why?", the time spent trying to take a good picture. Love the light in the broccoli pic!

Katerina said...

I have only one and talks like crazy. The moments I relax the most are the moments he is asleep. God I just love these moments. These pockets are so healthy and nutritious. My picky son would love those.

Courtney said...

Gorgeous photos! Keep 'em coming! :)

Chloe Snacks said...

these look delicious! I want to make them for the picky children i babysit for. great photos!

Megan said...

These look so good, they remind of a treat I used to eat while I lived in England. I loved them! I can't wait to try this recipe out!

Simply Life said...

your passion for photography is evident in all these gorgeous photos!

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really look delicious and your photos are wonderful. I hope you have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

Angela said...

So cute! I love them.

The Food Hound said...

I like your new focus on photos! And I still think your writing is fabulous :) When you find a support group, the BH will want to enroll me, too, ha! These look so awesome- very kid friendly!!

Magic of Spice said...

Oh I remember those day, well actually since I have sons we are really sometimes still doing that, lol. These are fantastic and I bet the kids are crazy for them :)
P.S. Your photos are fantastic

michelle {the lively kitchen} said...

I just found your blog and am in awe of your photos. Nice work!

This recipe looks like something my kids would love - I'm bookmarking. Thanks!