Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Kentucky Hot Brown

The Kentucky Hot Brown

As promised...how we ALL should begin Kentucky Derby Saturday...with a classic Kentucky Hot Brown! (As classic as can get coming out of a Yankee kitchen!)

The recipe I used for my Hot Browns can be found here at The Brown Hotel's website, in Louisville Kentucky: The Brown Hotel's Hot Brown

I used toasted English muffins, Kentucky ham, and halved the recipe for the sauce...we still had plenty to spare!  I'm full...but rallying...as there's more to come...

Next up ~ Bourbon Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin and classic Mint Juleps but of course!

IMG_3157

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks soooooo good, that is making me hungry. Yes, I am preparing mint juleps later. But this is seriously something else. I would love to sink my teeth in it.

Angie
Cocina Diary

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

That's a super pretty hot brown!! Mine wasn't as pretty at all. Tasty yes, pretty not so much :)

Clint said...

I shall eschew the mint julep for my tried and true vodka martini, but the hot brown is definitely a keeper.

Nicole said...

Wow, how cool! It was fun to read the history of how it was created! I've been to Louisville and couldn't get enough of the cheese grits. Gorgeous pics of the hot browns you made!

Marc van der Wouw said...

Wow looks great as usual..taste it on my screen..drooling

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

One of my favorite sandwiches.
Sam

Karen said...

Loving all your Derby inspired dishes! And I think this would be the perfect dish to eat the morning after all those mint juleps...nothing like a good breakfast to cure that hangover!

Lea Ann said...

I love this sandwich. I've heard of it, but after seeing the recipe, realized I had no idea what it was! I'll be trying this one soon. Thanks for the post.

The Food Hound said...

Clearly, I am just catching up on your posts-- you're a cooking and writing machine, girl! I can't keep up! The BH had the original hot brown in Lexington and said it was phenomenal! Good for you to make it on race day! I wanted Master of Hounds to win... of course :)

Magic of Spice said...

What a fun theme you have here...certainly looks like a hearty breakfast, and gorgeous shot :)